Attention, all Disney Vacation Club members (and prospective members): the 14th DVC property, Copper Creek Villas at the Wilderness Lodge, will be available for purchase soon. Current DVC members get first shot on March 8, while general sales begin on April 5. Anyone can book a stay beginning March 21, and the first visitors will be welcomed on July 17.
Copper Creek will marry a rustic, Pacific Northwest charm (as opposed to the Wilderness Lodge’s Yellowstone feel) to the clean lines and elegance of a modern Disney resort, creating a luxury getaway with all the feel of home for DVC members and Disney World guests.
The 184 units at Copper Creek come in a number of different sizes.
- Studios come with a queen bed and a queen sleeper sofa, comfortably sleeping 4. Guests will find a kitchenette, a bathroom having either a walk-in rain shower or the standard tub/shower combo, and a flat panel wall-mounted TV.
- One-Bedroom Villas will upgrade the main bed to a king-sized to go with the queen sleeper sofa and also add a full kitchen, washer and dryer, and bubble-jet tub.
- Two-Bedroom Villas add another bedroom with two queen beds, bringing the total number of guests it can accommodate to 8.
- 3-Bedroom Grand Villas add another bedroom with two more queen beds, allowing 12 to sleep in it.
- Waterfront Cabins can sleep 8 with two bedrooms. They also feature two baths and large living and dining spaces. The most special touches of Disney magic in each of the 26 cabins, however, are the screened-in porches with built-in hot tubs.
In addition, Disney recently opened the Geyser Point Bar & Grill, an open-air lounge with beautiful views of Bay Lake. A host of other changes nearby will debut this summer, as well. Boulder Ridge Cove pool (part of the other Wilderness Lodge DVC resort, Boulder Ridge Villas, but open to Copper Creek guests) will open, billing itself as “a modern day swimmin’ hole” – albeit one with a zero-entry pool. The resort pool for Copper Creek, Copper Creek Springs Pool, will also debut with a 67-foot water slide, hot and cold whirlpool spas, and a kids’ aquatic play area. Finally, the former Trout Pass Pool Bar will be converted into Salon by the Springs, giving guests the opportunity for manicures, pedicures, and hair services poolside.